I have loads of stuff to do, some of which is even time sensitive! so I really shouldn’t even be thinking about blogging right now. That’s not stopping me though, no siree!
Instead of cleaning, like I should be, I’ve been reading about zodiac signs, particularly my own (Scorpio). There are a lot of stereotypes out there about Scorpios, and just as many people complaining that they aren’t accurate. I can’t speak for everyone, or even many-one, but I can say that most of what I’m describing fits me almost perfectly.
First, a little background: my family has several Scorpios in it. Most of them are awful human beings, and those who are not have almost completely cut themselves off from the rest of the group. As in, they moved away and don’t normally interact with the others. I fall into the second group, by default, as I was born after my parents left. I see them every once in a while at major events, but for the most part I stay away. So yeah, my existing model of Scorpio wasn’t too positive. At the same time though, I recognize that astrology is about as scientific as MBTI, so I didn’t give it much thought.
Then I got bored, and boredom is a powerful motivator.
So last night I just started doing web searches. Wikipedia of course has plenty of good, useful, relatively objective information on the subject.
I didn’t want that though, I wanted the silly stuff. You know, the BuzzFeed personality test type of nonsense which is overly general and can’t possibly fit any real living (or dead!) human being and boy did I find it!
I found a couple of good ones, including one which was someone else (also a Scorpio) who was doing a reaction thing. I’m basically just gonna copy what that person did. Like in theirs, my take will be in bold below each item. The main difference is just gonna be my actual responses so…yeah.
Source 1: https://www.quotev.com/story/8586111/Its-a-Scorpio-Thing-Do-I-agree-with-Scorpio-stereotypes/1
Source 2: https://writethisdownnow.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/fifty-facts-about-scorpios/
1. They hold trust above everything else in the world.
Yea, that’s me.
2. They either love you extremely or they hate you extremely, which direction you want to go is your choice.
Not so true. There’s a third category of “I don’t really care about you, have a good life” where most people are.
3. They have an uncanny and incomparable ability to distinguish the difference between the truth and a lie. AKA — never lie to a Scorpio. They’ll know it in an instant.
Kinda true? I usually know people are hiding things, but I usually don’t call them on it in case I’m wrong. Plus they usually have their reasons.
4. Scorpios are very passionate when it comes to feelings.
Used to be. Somewhere along the way I stopped caring about most things.
5. Scorpios are highly defensive because they fear that people close to them will deceive them and betray them.
Oh hell yeah. I’m not that defensive, but I am afraid the people I’m supposed to trust will let me down.
6. A Scorpio will never forgive or forget when someone wrongs them and since they have immense patience, they can wait a long, long time before striking in revenge.
Yeah, no. I’ll forgive pretty much anything. What I won’t do is forget.
7. Scorpios are experimental lovers and very passionate in bed.
Hell if I know, I’m a virgin!
8. They are huge procrastinators, but when they set their mind to work, they work diligently and efficiently.
Procrastinator? For sure, I’ve stuff I should be doing right now, as for hard worker… sure when I finally get down to the task.
9. The words “give up” are not in their vocabulary.
Nah, they’re there, I just don’t like to do that. I have had to several times though, and there’s a situation I’m in right now where I probably should just give up. Probably won’t for a while though.
10. They are natural observers in all situations and tend to hold a blank stare while they scan a situation and mentally analyze it. AKA–never challenge a Scorpio in a staring contest. You will lose.
100% ok more like 90%, but still. I will stare if you let me.
11. Scorpios like to challenge and be challenged, but they also like to be in control of most situations.
Like to be challenged/like to challenge: no I hate pretty much all confrontation. I usually submit to avoid anything like that. I do like control though, when I can have it.
12. “A Scorpio in a bad shape (mentally, emotionally) can be a master manipulator. If you’ve broken their trust, even the sweetest Scorpio will likely have a hard time forgetting–and they will get back at you in the end.”
Probably? I don’t know if I need to be in a bad emotional state for that though…
13. Scorpios don’t like to be overly flirted with or over-complimented on.
Yup. I can’t stand being complimented, thanked, flirted with, or anything else which seems like an appeal to ego.
14. Despite their lack of trust in pretty much everybody, Scorpios will want to know everything. Keep them informed.
Yes? I love information, but I don’t expect people to give it to me if I don’t ask. I appreciate it when they do though. To me information is power/vulnerability, so whenever I give or receive it I consider it an act of trust.
15. Scorpios have many methods–they are manipulative, vindictive, defensive, and passive-aggressive–however these methods can be so subtle that most people are oblivious to them.
Oooohhhhh yes. I’ve done some long-games which have taken years before.
16. They want you to pay attention.
Oooohhhh noo. I like to be ignored and not seen by pretty much anyone. The ones I want to pay attention tend to without my effort so it works out ok.
17. Their myriad of faces and emotions and lack of preference in talking make them naturally hard to read–very secretive, very mysterious.
I guess? I know a Gemini who would insist I’m really easy to read, but she usually gets it wrong so…
18. They can easily sense when something is wrong. In most people, this serves as a sixth-sense, where Scorpios can tell how another person is feeling.
That’s me. I’m not always paying attention though, but for the people I care about I’m 100% tuned in.
19. Once warmed up to you, they love affection and to cuddle.
Oh yes a thousand percent yes. Which would be good except all my favourite people don’t like cuddles. >_<
20. They can bear pain very well and have better stability than most when they experience the darker sides of life.
I don’t know that I’d say I bear pain well, but I bear it often. I spend a likely unhealthy amount of time beating myself up over things.
21. Once comfortable with you, a Scorpio will talk excessively.
Yeah, at first. Eventually I run out of stuff I’d been holding back and then I like to listen. A lot.
22. Scorpios can easily detach and re-attach themselves to reality.
Dunno. I haven’t been back to reality in a while. 😉
23. Scorpios can be highly possessive about the things their passionate about, including their significant others.
I am a little? I’m super protective. I couldn’t say about SOs though, since, on top of being a virgin, I’ve never dated either.
24. Many Scorpios have a fascination with death (in some forms).
Yeah, in that I’d both like to delay it indefinitely, and absolutely love to see what’s on the other side.
25. Scorpios will put happiness of their loved ones before themselves.
Yup, I just spent several months doing exactly that and I’m actually happier now than I was when I started. As long as my people are happy, I’m happy.
26. As unsociable as most Scorpios are, they hate to be isolated and alone or abandoned.
I don’t like being abandoned, but I love being alone and isolated.
27. They will often do what most people only think of or say–they prefer to experiment, especially in the bedroom.
Yup I do tend to be more willing to do things other wouldn’t. Again though, I can’t really say about sexual matters.
28. “Scorpios often thread between wanting to be better understood and remaining a mystery because they realize that both have its perks.”
Nah. I control the flow of information about me. If I want you to know more, you’ll know more and if not, you won’t even know there is more.
29. Scorpios are highly unpredictable on all accounts.
I don’t think I am, but others do.
30. Quality time with their significant other is very important to them.
It definitely would be to me.
31. Scorpios are very perceptive and very wise.
Perceptive? Yes. Wise? If you ask me, no I’m a damn idiot. If you ask others? Depends but often yes. Don’t know why.
32. Most people can’t or don’t take the time to understand the truth and personal aspects of a Scorpio.
I guess. I don’t usually trust people enough to know. I’ve taken a couple of notable risks in that regard and it worked out fine so far.
33. Scorpios have great self-discipline when they are emotionally stable.
Um… not really? I’m less disciplined when I’m relaxed than I am when I’m stressed/panicking/having-a-meltdown-over-some-random-thing.
34. Scorpios are likely to regret nothing. Everything they do is for a reason.
Yes and no. I don’t really regret anything and I do think things through as much as I can, but I constantly second-guess myself.
35. They hate to be weak and vulnerable. To them, it is the worst most vile feeling in the world.
Again, yes and no. I’m more than happy to show my weaknesses to the few people I trust. Easy example? If you know me irl and are reading this, guess what! 😉
36. If they were endemic, they would be endemic to Antarctica for it’s mysteriousness and lack of human population.
Haha, yeah true. Just about five or so people I’d try to drag with me.
37. Scorpios often use their sense of humor to counter the rage inside them.
Nah, I just get quiet or skip to something else. The energy from the anger gets set aside until needed for other tasks or else just vented at a more appropriate time.
38. No one holds a tighter grudge than a Scorpio.
That’d be true if I currently held any. I don’t (not quite true, there’s one person), but if I did it’d be legendary. I don’t forget though, I just don’t hold the past against people.
39. Scorpios are very good at controlling their money. They prefer not to overspend.
Mmhm. I still have most of my earnings since I haven’t needed it for anything. The only exception is loved ones, who I’ll spend anything to help.
40. Scorpios are more inclined to suffer headaches, fevers, and infections.
Um… no. I’ve got a strong immune system.
41. They dislike not being able to understand things that other people find easy.
Yeah? I’m pretty used to the feeling so I just persist until I get it too.
42. Scorpios naturally expect you to run on their time.
No, I’m so accustomed to having to work on other people’s schedules that I don’t even care anymore.
43. Most Scorpios love to laugh and can be goofy at times.
Yup, the more comfortable I am with you the more off-colour, cuddly, affectionate, and strange I get. I’m pretty sure I’ve put some people off with it actually…
44. They love to be acknowledged for their strengths.
OH HELL NO! At least not verbally. I like being asked for assistance, but kind words don’t work well with me.
45. Scorpio females are more likely to be tomboyish, but can also be very sexy.
Am male so…
46. Statistically, Scorpios are the most misunderstood of all the zodiacs.
Ok cool to know.
47. Scorpios like people who are not afraid of being themselves.
Yeah, that’s true. All of my favourites have strong personalities.
48. They tend not to care about social statuses.
I guess? I do like money though…
49. They can be very demonstrative.
Not entirely sure what this means? I’m usually super reserved though, at least in public and/or with people I don’t yet trust.
50. They have a very good understanding and sense of their surroundings.
I suppose. People say that about me, but I always feel I’m missing something.
So the person in the other post also did a couple of extra ones, and I’m just gonna pluck one out and do it as well, since it’s 100% me:
Some can be very stubborn.
Yeah, that’s me. I’ll hold a position forever and have been known to argue in excess of six hours. At that point I’m just doing it because I think it’s fun, not because I want or expect to win. 😛
Ok so that’s about it I think. There are, of course, other stereotypes and you (if Scorpio) may disagree with me, but this is just my take.
Wanna argue with me, or tell me Scorpios suck? I welcome it! Comments below and I will reply! (unless spam, then I will delete!)